Noble Rot Issue 15
by Noble Rot€10.50
Noble Rot magazine attempts to join the dots between wine, music and food. We want to tell stories and inspire people to enjoy what they drink, eat and listen to. We is Mark Andrew and Dan Keeling and we started Noble Rot with the intention of giving young and/or alternative writers a platform to discuss contemporary culture from a fresh perspective.
In this issue:
The new instalment of Noble Rot is a righteous ride through the best in food and wine where we…
- Meet the godfather of London fine dining Albert Roux to celebrate 50 years of Le Gavroche
- Visit Pomerol. From underprivileged part of Bordeaux to becoming one of its most prestigious appellations, top producers like Le Pin and Lafleur still retain a spirit of independence
- Welcome one of our all-time food heroes Simon Hopkinson, writing the first in a new series about cooking with wine, and sainted author of Kill Your Friends and No Good Deed, John Niven, as our agony uncle.
- Have ‘a quick snifter’ with VICE CEO Shane Smith, the man who turned a Canadian punk fanzine into an international media company
- Conduct pseudo-cutting-edge research on whether music makes wine taste better. With a panel featuring BBC 6 Music Breakfast Show hosts Shaun Keaveny and Matt Everitt, and The Wine Advocate’s Neal Martin we taste wines made by Mick Hucknall, Sir Cliff Richard, Nicky Minaj, Fergie and Sting whilst listening to their songs
- Present the first in an occasional series of Gastronomic Top Trumps
- Feature Rotten opinion pieces and articles about and by Marina O’Loughlin, Jon Bonné, JeanLouis Chave, Stephen Harris, Rowley Leigh, Bruce Poole, Château-Grillet, Jeremy Lee, Kate Spicer, Alice Lascelles, George Reynolds and William Kelley Among much more…